School holidays fall in this period, so there are several workshops for kids included in the program.
Here is an overview of the workshops on offer:
- Carve a Spoon from Green Wood. A full day workshop.
What a fantastic opportunity to get primal, using ancient skills and techniques to make something lovely and functional!. Spoon carving is all the rage around the world at the moment.
- Introduction to Wood Carving. A 2 hour morning workshop.
We will do some relief carving as we learn and use a few techniques to craft something wonderful.
The pic below may be more complex than we'll do in the time, but you get the idea...
- Sharpening planes and Chisels. A 2 hour morning workshop.
Learn these basic skills and make your tools sing again! They don't work well if they're not sharp.
- Saw sharpening. A 2 hour evening workshop.
Learn to give new life to your old saws. You'll be amazed at what a difference it will make!
- Pallet Craft - Recycling Pallets and Packing Crates. A 3 hour afternoon workshop.
What a hoot! Let the pallet/packing crate speak and create something very cool, so simply!
- Make Kitchen Spatulas. A 2 hour morning workshop.
These simple but very useful kitchen utensils are a delight to make and to use.
- Make a Small Lidded Box. A 2 hour morning workshop for KIDS.
The kids will make a very nice box to hold small treasures in. Heaps of fun.
- Pallet Craft for Kids. A 4 hour afternoon workshop for KIDS.
It's amazing what the kids will cook up using some basic hand tools using this material.
- Make a Kitchen Chopping Board. A 2 hour morning workshop for KIDS.
Another useful kitchen utensil and so much fun to create. Take it home and get cooking!
- Make a Useful Carry Box with Handle. A 2 hour morning workshop for KIDS.
An oldie but a goodie. A great little project and a favourite of ours. You will note that the info on the flyer does not match - the dangers of cut-and-paste. Your kid will be stokes with the outcome, as they make a very useful carry box which can hold so many things - that's why we don't call it a tool box!
- Fast Tracked Spoon Carving! A 2 hour morning workshop.
For those of you who are time poor... a heap of the work has been taken out of the process, so you get to knock up a kitchen cooking spoon in record speed! It's still a lot of fun, though...
You will find the info flyers in the UPCOMING WORKSHOPS PAGE. This will give you dates and times, etc.